Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Haircut #2

Mac had is very first haircut last year, April 19, 2011. Here are his before and afters... just as a little refresher.

Before:

After:

Since that haircut he has had a couple, literally two, mini all over trims and I have cut his bangs to keep them out of his eyes.

I just couldn't cut all my baby's hair off.

He would look too grown up.

No more baby.

So I let it grow.

And grow.

And I decided that I would let it grow until my husband got tired of people mistaking Mac for a girl and put his foot down. I even, last fall, bought more time by coming up with the most perfect Halloween costume ever which would allow me to NOT cut Mac's hair until after Halloween this year. I appealed to my husbands love of "Braveheart" and said that Mac would be the best William Wallace ever!!

See the long flowing locks...

My hubs was totally on board... then Easter happened.

While at the Easter Egg Hunt at Pearl's house we received a barrage of "She's so cute" and "What's her name" and "Her hair is so pretty"... REALLY PEOPLE!! HE HAD ON AN ORANGE SHIRT WITH ROBOTS AND BLUE, ORANGE, AND WHITE PLAID SHORTS!!!

See. Total boy outfit. My kid was egregiously stereotyped!

I digress... Before the egg hunting festivies were over Jimmy made the dreaded statement that I knew was coming. "Cut his hair"

I said, "Ok."

In my head it went more like this... Bottom of a hole, looking up, hands raised pleadingly above head:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohohohohohohohohohohhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhooohhhhhhhaaahhhhhhhWWAAAaahahahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...sad face...pout...boo. hiss. defeat.

Fine. I said I would cut it when Jimmy put his foot down. So after Easter weekend I started preparing myself for that fateful day. Second haircut day.

It took me a while to prepare. I prepared for 2 1/2 weeks. I decided it was for the best. It would be getting hot soon and when he plays outside at school it would get stringy and wet with sweat and be really uncomfortable for him and they might start putting it up in a ponytail like his previous daycare did last summer that resulted in me having to talk to his teacher because Dad was NOT a fan...

So on April 26, 2012 Mac and I went to Floyd's Babershop for Haircut #2.

Before, with his beautiful blonde ombre locks...












And after, My little man. All grown up and practically bald...

Everyone was happy with the haircut, everyone except his sad MOTHER! But no one cared about the mom's feelings. My husband said that I had gotten my way for two years. I said "That is hardly the point! I did not get my WAY today!" haha

Jimmy asked if I cried and I said that I was surprised that I didn't but I really had prepared myself for what was going to happen. All in all I am fine with it. He is super cute either way. He does look too grown up for me but I don't think there is a way to stop that process haircut or not. I will be happy when my best friend who is a stylist can give him a proper trim and make it a better cut but I think that with how much Mac was moving, how long it took, and how much hair the lady had to cut the initial chop is fine. We went through five Dum-Dum suckers to get him to sit until the haircut was over! He did a really good job of cooperating!

I think we will make this an annual April tradition!

HAHA







No comments:

Post a Comment