Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine

Jimmy and I went on our Valentine's Day date last night! He did good, real good. He was all sneaky and got our friend, Lizzie(thank you), to babysit and made dinner reservations for us at 6pm.

The reservations were at The Belmont but, um, it wasn't "The Belmont" that we remembered and loved. The atmosphere was weird some how, the music was all wrong, the waiter was not clicking with us. The evening just was not shaping up to what Jimmy had pictured and I could tell he was disappointed so we finished our apps and drinks and left.

We ended up at Flemming's Steakhouse. We were a tad nervous that we wouldn't get to eat there because we did not have reservations and it was close'ish to 7pm but we didn't even have to wait! The host took us to our booth and our waiter Carlos, whom we L.O.V.E.D., was with us promptly and was very knowledgable when asked about the wine selection... vast and impressive improvement over Belmont. We made the right decision in changing venues!!!

Our evening together was phenom! The food, the wine, the conversation: PERFECTION!

We usually go to dinner for Valentine's Day but somehow this year was different. I think on top of Jimmy and I just needing a date the fact that he planned our night in advance FOR me made it really really super special!

Thank you, Jimmy, for being my Valentine not just today but everyday. Thank you for being exactly the person, husband, friend that I need. I am so very grateful to have you in my life and so very undeserving. Thank you for all that you do for me and for our son.

I pink puffy heart you...

2 comments:

  1. Damn, Jimmy! Your hubby needs to give my hubby some V-Day pointers. I pink puffy heart this blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. So sweet. What a great date.

    ReplyDelete